Water Parks in Arkansas
Summer wouldn’t be summer without a fun and exciting trip to a waterpark. These destinations are the ultimate family experience that no one should miss out on during vacation. From tube rides to lazy rivers, going to waterparks has never been more exhilarating due to the innovation behind their construction. They just get better every year!
In Arkansas, summers can be scorching hot. This is why people love to go and splash around at the best waterparks in Arkansas. If you’re looking for the perfect destination to cool down and create memorable experiences with your loved ones, read on. This guide will cover the most worthwhile waterparks in Arkansas and some tips on how to make the most of the experience.
Map of Waterparks in Arkansas
Alma Aquatic Park, Alma
This waterpark is actually the biggest in the western part of Arkansas. So, if you’re looking for a spacious location, you should consider driving to Alma Aquatic Park, which is situated near Alma City Park. Ensure that you’re energized and well-rested before going to this waterpark since it offers a wide variety of activities and slides for kids and adults.
There are eight water slides, a climbing wall, a vast swimming pool, and a diving board for you to choose from. If you’re worried about getting sunburned, you can bask in the covered pool and avoid the sun. Also, for guests with kids, there is a water play area that’s three-feet deep for them to bond with their parents or other children. All these activities can make anyone hungry. Alma Aquatic Park also has its city famous “Snack Shack,” where guests can enjoy mouthwatering food like pizza, hotdogs, smoothies, nachos, and so much more.
Address: 731 City Park Rd Alma, AR 72921 | Phone: 479.632.0700 | Website: https://www.almaarkansas.gov/waterpark/
Arkadelphia Aquatic Park, Arkadelphia
Arkadelphia Aquatic Park is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city as it features a 25-meter swimming area with eight lanes and a diving area. It has a total of three water slides that cater to both children and adults. There is a dedicated Frog Slide for the youngins, which is safe and has an open design so their parents can watch them while having fun.
Moreover, there is a bench area for people to relax and rest after a fun day under the sun. There are also accessible floating implements in the pool that are free for children. Of course, adults can use them too.
Address: 2575 Twin Rivers Drive Arkadelphia, AR 71923 | Phone: 870-246-5499
Cabot Aquatic Park, Cabot
This vast, state-of-the-art waterpark has a tube slide, open slide, lazy river, zero-entry pool, a diving well, and so much more. One of the slides has a width of 10 feet and a length of 20 feet. Additionally, guests are attracted to the industrial look of the facility with its wooden and steel beams. Cabot Aquatic Park is indeed a breath of fresh air for waterpark enthusiasts.
The park also offers reservations for private or group parties, in case you want to stay out of the sun for a bit and shelter yourself. If the heat of the sun becomes unbearable for others, they can add the Freedom Room to their package. The room is air-conditioned to help guests cool down.
Address: 508 N Lincoln Street Cabot, AR 72023 | Phone: 501-605-1506 | Website: https://www.cabotparks.com/181/Cabot-Aquatic-Park
Clarksville Aquatic Center, Clarksville
This waterpark in Clarksville has everything a tourist needs. Upon entering the premises, you can see the lazy river, splash pad, cabanas, picnic tables, and exciting slides. You can also dive into their heated eight-lane pool and therapy pool, which are all easily accessible. What’s more, they also have a gymnasium with a basketball court. For sports enthusiasts, this is the best place to go. If you’re planning to take your fur babies with you, they have a dog park where you can stroll around with your beloved pets.
Address: 205 Walnut Street, Clarksville, AR 72830 | Phone: (479) 754-6486 | Website: https://www.clarksvillear.gov/aquatic-center.html
Crenshaw Springs Water Park, White Hall
With its unique pool names, one will truly be intrigued by this waterpark. They named their pools Cottonmouth Curse, Deep Doggie Dive, Diamondback Dive, Don’t Fall Rock Wall, Turtle Tot Spot, and many more. Your summer will truly be more exciting with the 40-foot slides, a zero-depth entry pool, a rock-climbing wall, and a lazy river. Their pool structures are truly worth the travel once you see the designs. This is an excellent place for family and friends to bond and do fun activities together.
Address: 9801 Dollarway Road, White Hall | Website: https://www.crenshawsprings.com/
Holiday Springs Water Park, Texarkana
This summer wonderland will make both adults’ and children’s jaws drop in awe. Their water slides and attractions will sweep you off your feet. Holiday Springs Waterpark has jungle gyms, a wave pool, a lazy river, and more fun slides for you to choose from. If you’re an adrenaline lover, you can try their Blue Beast and Neptune’s Revenge slides.
Moreover, they have a private lounging area for guests to relax in after a day of fun under the sun. These cabanas consist of an eating area and lounge chairs. Families can likewise bond in these cabanas while the children are out playing with the water slides.
Address: 5501 Crossroads Pkwy, Texarkana| Phone: 870-772-2200 | Website: https://holidayspringswaterpark.com/
Parrot Island Waterpark, Fort Smith
Aside from their adorable mascot, you’ll love their two-person tube slide, lazy river, wave pool, water slides, aquatic play area for children, and activity pool. The waterpark is jam-packed with amenities such as pavilions, beverage concessions, and cabanas. There are also many places to lounge and dine for you and your family. Parrot Island Waterpark is also located within the vicinity of soccer fields, miniature golf, go-karts, and so much more.
Address: 7300 Zero St, Fort Smith| Phone: 479-788-6550 | Website: https://www.parrotislandwaterpark.com/
Diamond Springs Water Park – Little Rock
This waterpark is the ultimate all-in-one summer getaway made especially for kids (and adults, of course). The geysers, waterspouts, waterslides, sprayers, and so much more are the main reasons why the place is very popular among tourists. The theme of the waterpark is mining, and kids love themed places. The lifeguards prioritize the safety of the little ones who are trying all the waterpark’s facilities. The waterpark is made to be child-friendly, so parents won’t have to worry about their kids all the time.
Address: 1 Capitol Mall – Little Rock Phone: 501-982-7946 | Website: https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/crater-diamonds-state-park/facilities/diamond-springs-water-park
Splash Zone in Jacksonville
Splash Zone is an amazing water park that offers a wide range of amenities such as their Raindrop and Dewdrop water showers, water slides, tunnels, and the Tea Cup (for children only). They also offer fun-filled activities such as the water blasters, dual racer slide, and the Splash Dome.
Due to the variety of activities offered, they’ve also incorporated a massage bench with jacuzzi jets into the waterpark. This is to help their guests relax after a long, fun-filled day.
Address: 1 Municipal Drive Jacksonville | Phone: 870-285-3113 | Website: https://www.cityofjacksonville.net/Facilities/Facility/Details/Splash-Zone-10
Rogers Aquatic Center
Imagine a three-acre waterpark of fun, located in a very convenient area, with all the slides and amenities anyone could ask for. Well, you don’t have to imagine. Rogers Aquatic Center has all of these, and what’s more, the place looks extra magical at night. This waterpark has five different water slides, a lazy river, a lap pool, and many more. There are also other activities for the little ones, such as water cannons, a rope bridge, and slides. Finally, there are 30 or more lifeguards to save the day. This is indeed one of the best waterparks in Arkansas.
Address: 1707 South 26th Street Rogers | Phone: 479-936-5482 | Website: https://www.rogersar.gov/1333/Rogers-Aquatics-Center
Manila Water Park (Duncan Wall Water Park)
Manila Water Park offers a vast pool with a diving board and two slides. It also has a kiddie play area and a snack bar. Guests and tourists love the fact that this waterpark is affordable yet offers amenities that are truly worth more than the price. If you want to relax after having fun with the slides, you can take advantage of their hot tub and snack bar. Based on the reviews, you’ll surely love the food they offer. Nothing beats good food and great activities.
Address: 600 E Lake St, Manila | Phone: 870-561-4437 | Website: https://www.arkansas.com/manila/attractions-culture/manila-water-park
Guide To Visiting Waterparks in Arkansas
While going to waterparks in Arkansas can be one of the most exciting and memorable experiences you’ll ever have, it doesn’t hurt to come prepared. Before traveling to the best summer destinations out there, take note of the following tips:
- Wear Sunscreen – Even for indoor parks? Absolutely. No one is exempt from getting sunburns. You have to come prepared with a bottle and re-apply after swimming since it might wear off in the water. If you have children, they need to be protected from the sun, too. Ideally, purchase sunscreen with SPF50. Your face and body need full coverage for the sunscreen to work best.
- Choose an Ideal Date – Know that all waterparks are busy during summer. If you love crowds, visit waterparks on weekends. However, if you want your trip to be more peaceful, go on weekdays. This way, you’ll make the most of your experience in the best waterparks in Arkansas. Also, check the site first and take note of the dates they are closed. You can also call them to make sure. Some websites are outdated, and the best way to get more details about their availability is through a phone call.
- Arrive Early – By getting there early, you will get the best spot in the waterpark. You can choose a cabana you and your family are comfortable in. You can also avoid long lines or crowded areas when you arrive early.
- Dress Appropriately – Comfy swimwear is a must when going to waterparks. It is also recommended to wear swim shorts. Style is the second priority when going to places with exciting activities. In order to avoid wounds or injuries, dressing appropriately is non-negotiable.
- Bring Snacks and Water – Unless the waterpark has a restaurant or snack place within the premises, it is best to bring your own food and water. Also, standing in long lines can cause a great deal of hassle, especially if the place is crowded. Water is very important in preventing dehydration. Make sure to drink an adequate amount of water before and after diving in the pools.
- Leave Valuables at Home – When you’re having too much fun, it’s inevitable to forget to pay attention to your belongings. Thus, it’s better to leave valuables at home, especially if you’re not going to use them in the waterpark. Getting caught up in excitement is one thing, but going home after a ruined trip is another.
- Check the Weather – Arkansas can have fluctuating weather conditions, and they can be extreme. Thus, it’s best to check the weather forecast first before making a reservation at any waterpark. You won’t want to ruin your vacation with heavy thunderstorms. Check the weather a week before and a day before the trip just to make sure you can actually enjoy your vacation.
- Swim Safely – While there are lifeguards around, prioritizing safety is a must, especially when dealing with bodies of water. Ask about the depth of the pool you or your children are about to dive in. This is especially important when you are not wearing a life vest. Also, if you have kids, limit them to water slides that are not too high for them. Some slides are for adults only, and children might get easily tempted to try them. Before they throw a tantrum, explain why they are not allowed on those slides and point them to alternative activities instead.
Visit the Best Waterparks in Arkansas
You can get the ultimate summer experience when you visit waterparks in Arkansas. Remember to prepare before the trip and read about the waterpark and its policies. More importantly, enjoy the experience with family or with friends. Have a fun day under the sun, stress-free, and away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Be sure to also check out our list of the best indoor water parks where you can enjoy amazing water slides and pools year round!
Looking to explore Arkansas? Here are some other great things to do in the state: