From high-intensity rides to calming waters, you can experience so much fun by going to a waterpark. A waterpark is an outdoor area with swimming pools and different attractions like water slides. It’s a place where you can enjoy the whole day having fun with your family and friends. If you’re feeling hot, especially during summer, there’s no need to travel to the beach just to enjoy the water when you can visit the nearest waterparks.
Waterparks are filled with fun rides and attractions — from low and medium, to high-intensity rides! While you’re having the time of your life trying out all of these rides, you can also enjoy different food around each waterpark. If you want to have something to remember your wonderful visit, you can stop by a waterpark’s gift shop and bring home some souvenirs.
Today, we are going to show you the best waterparks in Idaho. If you want to know more, keep reading to find out which popular water parks in Idaho you can visit and what attractions and rides you will get to see.
Tips When Visiting Waterparks in Idaho
Are you planning for your first trip to a waterpark? Follow these tips for an easy, fun, and memorable day with your family and friends.
- Make Sure Everyone Is Included – Waterparks have different types of attractions. Some rides are not suitable for young kids, especially the high-intensity ones. If you’ve got small kids with you, make sure to check out the waterpark’s website first to see if they also have rides that your smaller kids can use.
- Be There Early – Let’s face it, waterparks are very popular, especially in the summer. If you want to avoid long lines and claim the perfect spot for your group, make sure to get there as soon as the waterpark opens.
- Don’t Forget Your Sunscreen – If you don’t want to get sunburned, you better bring your sunscreen with you. Apply the right amount of sunscreen to your skin and make sure to re-apply after a few hours.
- Bring Your Towels – Waterparks can provide you with towels, but some of them are not absorbent enough. Plus, if you want to have peace of mind that your towel is fully clean and hasn’t been used by strangers, it’s best to bring a towel of your own.
- Always Look for Lifeguards – If you plan to swim in one of the pools (most waterparks have more than one swimming pool) make sure to look out for a lifeguard first. It’s best to stay alert and assured that someone is looking out for you.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing – Waterparks have different rules when it comes to your clothing. Before going there, make sure to consult their website first or contact them about the kind of swimwear and clothing they allow in their waterpark. Some waterparks do not allow guests to wear swimsuits and other revealing swimwear.
- Always Follow Waterpark Rules – Following the right rules and regulations inside the waterpark can help you have more fun and a memorable experience. Make sure to follow all their rules, so you can maximize your stay in their park without worries.
Best Waterparks in Idaho
Are you looking for the best way to enjoy the hot season with your family and friends? Why not visit these water parks in Idaho for a memorable and fun experience?
Here are the best waterparks in Idaho:
Boulder Beach, Athol
Boulder Beach is part of Northern Idaho’s largest outdoor theme park, the Silverwood Theme Park. This waterpark is the perfect place for someone who wants to enjoy the waters and experience thrilling rides at the same time.
Boulder Beach has a total of 11 different waterpark attractions. If you want to experience the adrenaline rushing into your veins as you cascade down a 40-foot mountain into a 30-foot tall valley inside a 20-foot diameter enclosed sliding tube, then Ricochet Rapids is the ride for you. You can try it out with your family or friends while you all slide down in one raft.
If you want to go solo, you can also try out their Riptide Racer attraction. It’s a 60 feet high ride with a 400 feet long slide. You start by dropping down from the top while riding a racing mat. It gets more exciting since it’s a ride with six lanes where you can go race with your friends as you slide down the waters together.
There are more attractions and rides in Boulder Beach that both children and adults can enjoy. However, Boulder Beach is best known for their wave pool which sets a wave after every five minutes. Once the horn blows, the wave soon follows.
Address: 27843 N. Hwy 95, Athol, ID 83801 | Website: https://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/park/
Lava Hot Springs Waterpark, Lava Hot Springs
Nothing can beat Lava Hot Springs Waterpark when it comes to being the best Idaho hot springs. The Lava Hot Springs Waterpark is known for its world-famous natural hot springs, outdoor Olympic pool, diving platforms, different water slides, and an indoor pool. Their indoor pool can provide shade for all ages and with a diving board, Aqua Climb Wall, hot pool, and Portneuf Kiddie Cove to make it all more fun and exciting!
If you’re planning to have a party for a huge crowd like a family reunion, school reunion, company party, birthday party, etc., then Lava Hot Springs Waterpark can offer you room rentals as well. For a larger crowd, you can rent out and reserve the park to accommodate the whole party. If you want a smaller area, you can rent out a party room instead.
At Lava Hot Springs Waterpark, you will not just enjoy the waters; you can bring a party with you as well!
Address: 430 East Main Lava Hot Springs, Idaho 83246| Website: https://lavahotsprings.com/
Raptor Reef, Hayden
Enjoy an indoor waterpark where you can dive and swim with prehistoric dinosaurs! Raptor Reef Indoor Water Park is waiting for you. It’s known for its 25,000-square-foot waterpark featuring a wave pool and a children’s lagoon with rides and attractions whose names are inspired by famous dinosaurs.
Their children’s lagoon comes with a two-story play structure where your children can enjoy water slides, water guns, and a tipping bucket. If you want to just enjoy and relax the whole day, you can also try out their indoor or outdoor jacuzzi.
One of the most famous rides in Raptor Reef is their Velociraptor Vortex. You start by getting dropped into a gigantic bowl where you will swirl and spin until you get flushed out into another thrilling slide.
If you want to avoid the sun and enjoy the indoor rides and pool, visit Raptor Reef today!
Address: 175 West Orchard Ave Hayden, ID 83835 | Website: https://www.3play.com/
Roaring Springs Water Park, Meridian
Make your summer memorable by visiting Roaring Springs Water Park.
This waterpark has a lot of attractions and rides to offer to all its guests. Nothing can beat their main attraction — Corkscrew Cavern. It’s the first-ever 360-degree looping waterslide in the entire Northwest. You start by stepping into the launching capsule, then waiting for the trapdoor to drop. You will then feel the adrenaline rushing in your veins as you propel down into a narrow 32-inch enclosed tunnel that will instantly accelerate to a speed of 38 feet per second until you find your way around the 360-degree loop ride.
There’s more to this waterpark than their main ride. Roaring Springs also has other thrilling and fun attractions that you can enjoy. They have a wave pool where you can test the turbulent waters of White Water Bay — the best surf in Idaho.
Roaring Springs also offers party rentals for those who want to celebrate their birthday or other special occasions inside the waterpark.
Address: 400 West Overland Road Meridian, ID 83642 | Website: https://www.roaringsprings.com/
Plan Your Trip to Idaho’s Best Waterparks
Whether you want to experience thrilling rides, bask in the sun, or just want to cool down, you can experience all of this by visiting these famous waterparks in Idaho. You will also get the opportunity to have fun with your family and friends and make more memories together. Waterparks are one of the greatest places to seize and enjoy the day.
Be sure to also check out our list of the best indoor water parks where you can enjoy amazing water slides and pools year round!
Looking to explore Idaho? Here are some other great things to do in the state: