Louisiana is a great place to visit, with plenty of interesting things to see and do. If you’re looking for a fun day out in the sun, then be sure to check out one of the state’s water parks. There are plenty of them to choose from, and each offers something unique.
From slower flumes and smaller pools for young children to high-speed slides and action-packed river rides for thrill-seekers, you’re sure to find something to suit everyone in your group. Whatever your age or level of excitement, there’s a water park waiting for you in Louisiana, so grab your swimsuit and sunscreen and head on over for a day of fun!
Cities That Have Water Parks in Louisiana
Blue Bayou is a water park that features a lazy river, slides, and a wave pool where you can relax and enjoy the views of the city. It is an 80-acre water park and amusement park that will surely give you a fun-filled day. Its adjoining DixieLandin’ Water Park is perfect for hot summer days with its various amenities such as a heated pool, kiddie slides, and more. Visitors can purchase tickets for both parks at the entrance to Blue Bayou. You can also find a variety of food options inside the park, so you won’t have to leave to get a bite to eat.
Address: 18142 Perkins Rd E, Baton Rouge, LA 70810 | Phone: (225) 753-3333 | Website: http://www.bluebayou.com/
Liberty Lagoon is the perfect place to take the family to enjoy some summer fun. With a variety of attractions, there is something for everyone at this water park. It contains a 17,000-square-foot beach entrance pool with a water slide on an open flume. Their shockwave slide and bowl slide are sure to get your adrenaline pumping, while their children’s play area and splash pad are perfect for little ones. Their snack bar and picnic area are the ideal places to take a break and refuel. Come on down to Liberty Lagoon and splash into some summer fun with them!
Address: 111 Lobdell Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70806 | Phone: (225) 923-3202 | Website: http://libertylagoon.com/
SPAR Water Park
SPAR Water Park is one of the best ways to escape the Louisiana summer heat. There is something for everyone in this water park, whether you’re interested in speeding down one of its thrilling waterslides, drifting along their peaceful lazy river in an inner tube, or entertaining the kids at Parrot Island (their zero-depth entry play area designed especially for little ones). Their acres of shaded picnic areas are perfect for a family cookout, and their concession stands offer a variety of foods and drinks to keep you refreshed all day long. Come on in and cool off at SPAR Water Park — it’s the best way to beat the heat.
Address: 933 W Parish Rd, Sulphur, LA 70663 | Phone: (337) 527-2505 | Website: http://www.sulphurparkswaterpark.com/
Splash Kingdom Oasis
Splash Kingdom Oasis is a great place to cool off and have fun, no matter your age. The park features kiddie pools with slides and spray areas designed especially for young children. For older kids and adults, there are body slides, a wave pool, and a lagoon. The park also has a snack bar, a gift shop, and locker rentals. Guests can purchase tickets for a single day or for the entire season to get the best deal! Season passes are also available for groups of 10 or more people. Splash Kingdom Oasis is the perfect place to make lasting summer memories with your family and friends.
Address: 7670 W 70th St, Shreveport, LA 71129 | Phone: (318) 938-5475 | Website: https://www.splashkingdomwaterpark.com/shreveport-oasis/
A Guide to Visiting Water Parks in Louisiana
To have a safe, fun, and stress-free time at a water park, there are some steps you should take to prepare yourself and your group. Here are some tips for enjoying water parks in Louisiana to the fullest:
- Do your research beforehand: It’s essential to know what type of water parks you’re going to before you arrive. There are indoor water parks, outdoor water parks, and even water park resorts. Each offers a different experience, so research your options before deciding on which water park to visit so you’ll know what to expect.
- Check the weather conditions: The weather in Louisiana can be pretty unpredictable. It is important to check the forecast before heading to the water park. This way, you can be prepared for any abrupt weather changes and dress appropriately. You wouldn’t want to get caught in a thunderstorm while you’re enjoying the water!
- Wear comfortable clothing: It is important to be comfortable while you’re at the water park. Wear clothes that you can move around in and won’t restrict your movement. It is also a good idea to wear shoes that can get wet and dry easily so you don’t have to worry about them getting ruined. This will allow you to focus on having fun and enjoying the rides. Consider bringing a plastic bag to store wet clothes and suits in for the drive home, and don’t forget a dry change of clothes!
- Don’t forget your sunscreen: Louisiana is known for its hot and humid weather. It’s essential to wear sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Reapply regularly, especially if you’re swimming or playing in the water outside. This is one of the most important tips for enjoying water parks in Louisiana while keeping your skin safe.
- Bring your food and drinks: Most water parks don’t allow outside food and beverages, but it can be quite expensive to buy food inside the park. To save money, bring your own food and drinks if you can. This way, you can have a picnic lunch or snacks in between rides and save some money.
Water parks are a great way to cool off during the summer months, and Louisiana has no shortage of them. If you’re looking for a place to splash around and beat the heat, be sure to check out one of these water parks. Each one offers something different from the last, so there’s bound to be one that’s perfect for your family vacation or summer getaway. And who knows, you might even discover a new favorite summertime activity. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy the sun and water at one of these great parks.
Be sure to also check out our list of the best indoor water parks where you can enjoy amazing water slides and pools year round!
Looking to explore Louisiana? Here are some other great things to do in the state: