Going to water parks in New Hampshire adds an extra element of fun to any vacation or day trip. After all, water parks offer a lot of thrills and spills for everyone in the family. From kids to kids-at-heart, water parks in this great state have something for everyone! Whether you want to spend a hot summer day cooling off or just spend time with friends and family under the sun, New Hampshire water parks will not disappoint.
Visiting a water park is the safest way to enjoy the summer heat because, with the water cooling you off, you don’t have to worry as much about dehydration or heat exhaustion! New Hampshire water parks offer a variety of rides, slides, and pools to keep you entertained all day long. You can also find restaurants and cafes inside the park so you don’t have to leave for food.
However, with so many water parks to choose from, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you and your family. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the best water parks in New Hampshire. These water parks will surely make a splash with everyone in the family!
A Guide To Visiting Water Parks in New Hampshire
You need to be prepared if you are going to visit a water park in New Hampshire. After all, the weather in the state can be quite unpredictable. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your time at the water park:
- Check the Weather Forecast Before You Go: One of the most important things you must do is to check the weather forecast before you go. This way, you will know what to expect and can dress accordingly. It is also a good idea to bring along sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses. This way, you can protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing: Another important thing to keep in mind is to wear appropriate clothing. You should avoid wearing clothes that are too loose or too tight. Wearing clothes that are too loose can be dangerous as they can get caught on something and cause you to fall. On the other hand, wearing clothes that are too tight can restrict your movement and make it difficult to swim.
- Apply Enough Sunscreen: Make sure to apply sunscreen before you go to the water park. This will help protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It is also a good idea to reapply sunscreen throughout the day, especially if you are swimming or sweating. This way, you can avoid getting a sunburn and protect your skin.
- Bring Water and Snacks: You will need to stay hydrated when you are at the water park. Make sure to bring a water bottle with you so that you can stay hydrated throughout the day. It is also a good idea to bring some snacks with you. This way, you can have something to eat if you get hungry.
- Bring a Bag: You will want to bring a bag with you to the water park so that you can store your belongings. This way, you won’t have to carry everything with you throughout the day. You can also use the bag to store your wet clothes at the end of the day.
These are just some of the things that you should keep in mind when you are going to a water park. If you follow these tips, you will have a great time at the park. Just make sure that you stay safe and have fun!
5 Best Water Parks in New Hampshire
Candia Springs Adventure Park, Candia
Candia Springs Adventure Park in Candia, New Hampshire is one of the best water parks in the state. The park has a wide variety of slides and attractions that will keep you entertained all day long. Candia Springs Adventure Park also has a food court so you can grab something to eat if you get hungry.
From the name itself, it is an adventure park that offers a lot of fun things to do. They have a wave pool, several slides, and other water attractions that will surely make your day. They also have a zipline and an aerial adventure course if you want to add more thrill to your day!
If you want, you can even hold events in this adventure park. Just make sure to make reservations so that everything will be set up for you. Next time you’re in New Hampshire, don’t forget to check out Candia Springs Adventure Park in Candia!
Castaway Island at Canobie Lake Park, Salem
Castaway Island at Canobie Lake Park in Salem is another great place to cool off during those hot summer days. They have a lazy river, several slides, and a splash pad for the little ones! You can also find picnic areas and a snack bar in this water park so you can have a break from all the swimming and enjoy some food. There are also gift shops, live shows, and rentals that you can take advantage of!
Visiting this place will surely keep you entertained all day long. Just make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen and swimwear so you can enjoy your time here to the fullest!
Kahuna Laguna, North Conway
Kahuna Laguna in North Conway is one of the most popular water parks in New Hampshire. They have a 4000-square foot wave pool, several slides, and a lazy river. You can also find a gift shop, arcade, and restaurants inside the park!
If you’re looking for an exciting place to cool off this summer, be sure to check out Kahuna Laguna! There are slides, geysers, and wave pools that will surely keep you and your friends or family entertained all throughout your visit. Be sure to take plenty of photos and try out as many slides as you can!
Water Country, Portsmouth
Water Country in Portsmouth is another great option for those looking to cool off this summer. They have a variety of slides, including the “Super Six” — a six-lane racer that’s perfect for groups!
If you’re visiting Portsmouth, be sure to check out Water Country. With its 26 acres of rides and attractions, there’s something for everyone here. So suit up and get ready to make a splash!
Examples of fun rides and attractions include the Adventure River, Dragon’s Den, Racing Rapids & the Plunge, and Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel of Terror.
Whale’s Tale Water Park, Lincoln
Whale’s Tale Water Park in Lincoln is perfect for those who love animals and want to learn more about them while cooling off. They have a variety of slides, pools, and even a lazy river for lounging around!
One of the best things about this water park is its view. After all, this water park is surrounded by the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Make sure to take lots of photos and enjoy your day at Whale’s Tale Water Park. Some fun rides and attractions include the Beluga Boggin, Eye of the Storm, Castaway Cove, Shipwreck Island, and the Plunge!
Water parks in New Hampshire are the perfect place to cool off and have some fun! No matter what type of water park you’re looking for, there’s sure to be one that’s perfect for you. Make sure to check out these water parks the next time you’re in New Hampshire so that you can have fun with friends and family!
Be sure to also check out our list of the best indoor water parks where you can enjoy amazing water slides and pools year round!
Looking to explore New Hampshire? Here are some other great things to do in the state: