Good Afternoon is a common greeting used throughout the world to greet someone in a small window between 1pm and 6pm. In Arabic, there are several ways to say Good Afternoon depending on the context and formality of the situation.
How To Say Good Afternoon in Arabic
1. The most common Arabic greeting is “as-salaamu alaykum” which translates to “peace be upon you”. This phrase is typically reserved for more formal situations such as when meeting someone for the first time or addressing an elder.
2. “Marhaban” which translates to “hello/welcome”. This expression can be used among friends and family, as well as when talking with strangers or those you have just met recently. It conveys a sense of warmth and hospitality that makes people feel welcomed.
3. “Sabah el khair” which literally means “good morning/afternoon” but can also mean something like “have a good day”. This phrase works best when talking with close friends or family members who already know each other well.
4. “Ahlan wa sahlan” meaning “welcome!” For even more casual occasions, you might opt for something like “Salametik ya habibi“, which literally means “greetings my friend” or simply use any variation of hello such as “Hi!” or “Hey!”.
Examples of Good Afternoon in Arabic
1. Good afternoon, how may I help you? – مساء الخير كيف لي أن أساعدك؟ – masa’ alkhayr kayf li ‘an ‘usaeidaku?
2. Good afternoon, it’s nice to meet you! – مساء الخير ، سعدت بلقائك! – masa’ alkhayr , saeidat biliqayika!
3. Good afternoon everyone, please take your seats. – مساء الخير جميعاً ، أرجوكم شغلوا مقاعدكم. – masa’ alkhayr jmyeaan , ‘arjukum shaghaluu maqaeidakum.
4. Good afternoon sir, what can I do for you? – مساء الخير سيدي ، ماذا أفعل من أجلك؟ – masa’ alkhayr sayidiun , madha ‘afeal min ‘ajlika?
5. I hope you’re having a good afternoon! – أتمنى أن يكون لديك مساء الخير! – atamanaa ‘an yakun ladayk masa’ alkhayri!
6. Good afternoon ma’am, welcome to our store! – مساء الخير سيدتي ، مرحبا بكم في متجرنا! – masa’ alkhayr sayidati , marhaban bikum fi matjarna!
7. Let’s get started with the meeting this good afternoon! – لنبدأ الاجتماع بعد ظهر اليوم! – linabda alaijtimae baed zuhr alyawmi!
8. It’s such a beautiful day this good afternoon! – إنه يوم جميل هذا المساء! – ‘iinah yawm jamil hadha almasa’i!