Everyone wants to feel like a kid again and forget their worries, even if it’s just for a day. Amusement parks are the perfect place to do that. They offer a wide variety of rides, food, and games that’ll make anyone feel like a kid again and have a great time. Whether you’re looking for a thrill or want to take a leisurely ride, an amusement park is perfect for you. Arizona is home to some of the best amusement parks in the country. From world-renowned parks to smaller, local ones, everyone in Arizona has an amusement park.
If you’re planning a trip to Arizona, be sure to add one of these top amusement parks to your itinerary perfect for everyone in the family.
Map of Theme Parks in Arizona
Best Amusement Parks in Arizona
Now that you know some tips for visiting amusement parks, it’s time to start planning your trip. Many great amusement parks in Arizona offer a variety of fun activities for families and friends. Whether you’re looking for a thrill-seeking adventure or a more relaxed day out, there’s an amusement park in Arizona that’s perfect for you. We have listed some of the best amusement parks in Arizona, so you can start planning your next adventure. Be sure to check their websites for more information on operating hours, pricing, and tickets. What are you waiting for? Pack your bags call your families and friends, and head on over to one of these great amusement parks in Arizona!
Canyon Coaster Adventure Park, Williams
Canyon Coaster Adventure Park is a family-friendly amusement park with plenty of activities for everyone. Their top attractions are Canyon Coaster, Summer Mountain Tubing, and Winter Snow Tubing. The staff is also very friendly and helpful, so you’ll have a great time no matter what you do. This amusement park is a year-round destination, so no matter when you visit, you’ll surely enjoy yourself together with your family.
Address: 700 E Rte 66, Williams, AZ 86046 | Phone: (928) 707-7729 | Website: canyoncoasteradventurepark.com/
Sunday – Thursday: 10am – 5pm
Friday – Saturday: 10am – Dusk
Friday – Saturday: 10am – 10pm
Castles N’ Coasters, Phoenix
If you’re seeking thrill rides, Castles N’ Coasters is the place to be. With 20 different rides and attractions, you’ll find something to get your heart pumping. They also have an 18-hole miniature golf course, perfect for a family-friendly activity.
And if you get hungry, there are 6 food and drink snack bar options available inside the park. This amusement park is open all year round, so you can visit anytime you want. Just be sure to check their website for specific days and hours of operation. Park hours are 10 AM to 10 PM Mondays through Sundays except for the Thrill Ride Park. It opens 5 PM – 10 PM Mondays through Fridays while on weekends 2 PM – 10 PM.
Address: 9445 N Metro Pkwy E, Phoenix, AZ 85051 | Phone: (602) 997-7575 | Website: castlesncoasters.com/#passes-section
Enchanted Island, Phoenix
Enchanted Island is a 7.5-acre amusement park that’s perfect for families, groups of friends, and even company picnics. With 14 different rides and attractions, there’s something for everyone here. You can also celebrate birthdays, weddings, or any other special event at their party pavilion. Entering this amazing amusement park is free. Yes, you read that right! You only need to pay for the rides you’ll be taking, the games you want to play, and the food you’ll be eating. So come on over and have a blast without breaking the bank.
Address: 1202 W Encanto Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85007 | Phone: (602) 254-1200 | Website: enchantedisland.com
Funtasticks Family Fun Park, Tucson
Funtasticks Tucson is a great place for families to enjoy the sun and have some fun! There are a lot of activities for everyone to do. You can go go-karting, mini-golfing, or play in the arcade. There is also a café if you need to take a break and refuel.
Funtasticks is a great place to spend a day with the family! For parties, school outings, or any kind of event Funtasticks is the perfect place to host your next event! We have a variety of packages that can be customized to fit your needs. Also, they offer kid-friendly delicious menus that the entire family can enjoy. You can purchase tickets online or at the door. Check the deals they’re offering and the annual passes to save money!
Address: 221 E Wetmore Rd, Tucson, AZ 85705 | Phone: (520) 888-4653 | Website: funtasticks.com/index.php
Guide To Visiting Amusement Parks in Arizona
Let’s start with the basics, shall we? Amusement parks are a great place to have fun, but they can also be a bit overwhelming. Though they may seem like they’re just for kids, there are plenty of amusement parks that offer rides and attractions for adults as well. It is important to know some tips before you go, so your trip is as smooth as possible.
Here are a few tips for visiting amusement parks in Arizona:
- Make a Plan – Before you decide on which amusement parks in Arizona you want to visit, you should make a plan. You’ll want to take into account things like the days of the week that each park is open, how much money you’re willing to spend, what kind of rides and attractions you’re interested in, and whether or not you want to purchase a season pass. You can save a lot of money by planning your trip and knowing which parks offer the best value.
- Get There Early – If you want to avoid long lines, it’s best to get to the amusement park as early as possible. This way, you can enjoy the rides before the crowds start to come in. Many amusement parks open early for guests who want to beat the rush.
- Keep Hydrated, Cool, and Covered – Amusement parks are usually outdoors, so it is important to stay hydrated and cool. Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks. It’s also a good idea to wear sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun. The effects of heat can be magnified at amusement parks because you are often standing in line or walking around. Replenish your fluids often, and if you feel faint or nauseous, find a place to sit down and rest.
- Bring Food or Have a Meal Reservation – If you’re planning to spend a full day at an amusement park, it’s important to make sure you bring food or have a meal reservation. Most amusement parks have restaurants, but they can be expensive and have long lines. By bringing your food, you can save money and time. If you do plan on eating at an amusement park restaurant, it’s a good idea to make a reservation in advance. This will help you avoid long waits and ensure you get the meal you want.
- Stay Aware of Your Surroundings – Amusement parks can be crowded, and it can be easy to lose track of your children or belongings. Pay attention to your surroundings and be aware of where your things are at all times. If you’re traveling with young children, consider getting a wristband with your phone number on it in case they get separated from you. Accidents can also happen at amusement parks, so it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and not put yourself at any unnecessary risks. Be cautious on rides and follow all safety instructions. Amusement parks are supposed to be fun, so don’t let an accident ruin your day.
- Know the Rules – Each amusement park has its own set of rules that you must follow. Be sure to read over them before you go so that you know what is and isn’t allowed. Many parks have restrictions on things like outside food and drinks, smoking, and strollers. You should also be familiar with the height requirements for rides. Many rides have minimum and maximum height requirements, so it’s important to know if you or your child will be able to ride them.
Looking to explore Arizona? Here are some other great things to do in the state: