Gay in Spanish is a term used to refer to someone who is homosexual. It can also mean happy or lighthearted and it has similar connotations as the English word “gay”. Here are some ways to say gay in Spanish:
Different ways to say Gay in Spanish
1. Maricón – This term is considered offensive by many people, so use caution when using it. It literally translates to “faggot” but can be used as an insult for anyone, regardless of their sexual orientation.
2. Afeminado – This term means effeminate and refers specifically to men who display feminine attributes or characteristics. Some might find this insulting and therefore should be avoided if possible.
3. Homosexual – This word directly translates from English into Spanish and carries the same meaning of being attracted romantically or sexually towards members of the same sex/gender identity group as oneself, regardless of gender expression or presentation (e.g., masculine-presenting lesbian).
4. Gay – Although not a literal translation into Spanish, “gay” is widely recognized throughout Latin American countries, particularly among younger generations that have been exposed more frequently to Western media and language trends than other age groups may have been historically exposed too.
5. Lesbiana – This specific word for lesbian in Spanish does not provide any information about gender identity itself; instead it only references romantic/sexual attraction between women without consideration for how they express themselves outwardly (i..e., masculine presenting lesbians).
6. Bisexual– Translating directly from English into Spanish, bisexual describes individuals who experience attraction both romantically/sexually towards members of their own sex/gender identity group as well as members outside their own sex/gender identity group(s) (e.g., male-identifying people attracted both males & females).
7. Queer – Another imported term from English which has gained traction within certain Latin American countries over recent years.
Example Sentences of using the word Gay in Spanish
1. That kid is such a faggot – Ese niño es un verdadero Mariconcito
2. Don’t be so gay and do it yourself – Deja de ser tan Maricon y hazlo tú mismo
3. His behavior was very gay-like – Su comportamiento era muy propio de un Mariconcito
4. I can’t believe he acted like such a faggot – No puedo creer que actuara como tal Mariconcito
5. Stop being so gay and get to work already – Deja ya de ser tan Maricone y vete al trabajo ya mismo
6. He’s always talking about how much of a faggot he is – Siempre habla acerca de lo enorme que es su condiciòn de Maricone
7. Gays never prosper, so don’t be one =Los Maricons nunca prosperan , asi que no seas un
8. She had the nerve to call me a faggot? Unbelievable – Tuvo la desfachatez de llamarme Maricone? Incredibile
9. You’re too scared to do anything, you big ol’ faggot – Eres demasiado cobarde para hacer cualquier cosa , eres un gran Maricone
10. No matter what anyone says, don’t let them make you feel like a gay – No importa lo que nadie diga , no te permitas sentirte como si fueras un Maricone