Ojai Hot Springs
Ojai Hot Springs, also known as Ecotopia or Matilija Hot Springs is a very popular attraction in Santa Barbara, California. For years it was unknown due to it’s seclusion within California’s wilderness, but social media quickly changed that and no it’s one of the more popular attractions in the area.
Details about Ojai Hot Springs
Ojai Hot Springs is located in Los Padres National Forest. There are five primitive sectioned off pools formed by rocks and boulders with temperatures ranging from 98 – 108 degrees. For $20 fee you can access the springs for a few hours as well as get a gift from the farm on the property Due to being a primitive warm springs, clothing is optional and many take advantage of soaking in the mineral waters completely nude.
What you can expect once you arrive:
- The largest springs area is over 20 feet wide and is the hottest at 106 degrees.
- There is a small bridge that takes you to the next hot springs which has two waterfalls that feed the pool. There is a boulder that sits in the center to give the appearance of a cave where you can swim under to the adjacent pool.
- Next to the waterfall fed spring is a stream that hovers around 103 degrees. This one has the most sulfur mineral aroma.
- If you continue down the stream you will find the final pool that Matilija River flows into. This is the coolest pool at 100 degrees.
Directions to Ojai Hot Springs
From Los Angeles – Map
1. Start on highway 101.
2. Merge onto CA 33 towards Ojai
3. Stay on CA 33 until you get to Matilija Rd.
4. Turn left and continue until you arrive to your destination.
5. From the parking lot it’s only a few hundred feet to the springs.
Address: 2566 Matilija Canyon Rd. Ojai, CA 93023
Season: All Year
Please make sure you book a reservation prior to visiting Ojai Hot Springs as you will be turned away if you don’t. The owners of the land have done an amazing job at preserving this natural attraction in California and is well worth the trip. Happy Soaking!