Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a beautiful natural hot springs located in Colorado. It has been around since the late 1800s and is one of the oldest hot springs in the state. The mineral-rich waters are said to have healing properties, making it an ideal spot for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Details about Iron Mountain Hot Springs
The Iron Mountain Hot Springs are situated on a cliff overlooking the Colorado River and offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains. With 19 naturally-fed pools, ranging from 98-108 degrees Fahrenheit, there’s something to suit everyone’s preference when it comes to temperature. Each pool also contains different minerals which can help with various ailments such as joint pain or skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis. The Iron Mountain Hot Springs were discovered by two prospectors who noticed steam rising from a mountain side in 1881 while searching for gold nearby. They quickly realized that this wasn’t just any ordinary steam but rather heated water coming up from below ground and uncovering what would become known as Iron Mountain Hot Springs!
Today visitors can enjoy soaking in these therapeutic thermal pools surrounded by nature’s beauty all year round – no matter how cold or snow covered it may be outside! At Iron Mountain Hot Springs you can purchase admission tickets at their onsite ticket counter which includes access to all 19 pools plus towels, locker rooms & showers (if needed). You’ll also find several dining options within walking distance including food trucks, snack bars & restaurants offering everything from pizza to sushi rolls!
For those looking for more than just time spent relaxing at this special place, there are plenty of activities available too like standup paddle boarding downriver or horseback riding through neighboring meadows! For those looking for a little more luxury and pampering during your visit then you must try out some of their spa services including massage therapy sessions with essential oils tailored specifically towards guests needs.
Iron Mountain Hot Springs Different Pool Options
Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a natural hot spring located in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. It features 16 mineral-rich pools that range from 98 degrees to 108 degrees Fahrenheit, offering guests a variety of temperatures to choose from. The hot springs are surrounded by lush green foliage and offer breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
The Iron Mountain Hot Springs experience begins with an elevator ride up the mountain where visitors can then enter into their own private pool area. Here they will find eight different soaking pools ranging in temperature from 98-108 degrees Fahrenheit, two kiddie pools for those under 48” tall, and four jetted spas that provide therapeutic massage jets at each corner of the spa pool.
The Cliffside Pool: The Cliffside Pool is the largest and hottest pool at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. It ranges in temperature from 106°F to 108°F and offers breathtaking views of Mount Werner and the Yampa Valley. This pool is perfect for relaxing after a long day of adventure or for taking a dip with friends or family on vacation.
Soothing Spring: The Soothing Spring is a smaller, shallow pool that provides an ideal place to cool down after soaking in the hotter pools. Its temperature ranges between 98-102°F making it one of the most comfortable pools to relax in while enjoying spectacular mountain views.
Creekside Pool: The Creekside Pool has temperatures ranging from 94-96°F providing guests with an opportunity to take a leisurely soak while listening to the nearby Roaring Fork River rush by. This tranquil setting allows visitors to reconnect with nature as they enjoy their time at Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
River Rock Pool: With its unique rock formation, this circular pool features temperatures ranging from 92-94°F allowing guests to experience complete relaxation within its warm embrace. Enjoy this peaceful atmosphere surrounded by lush greenery and stunning mountain vistas as you melt away stress during your visit here.
Guests also have access to free lounge chairs, umbrellas, and towels for use during their time in the hot springs area. In addition to providing therapeutic relief through its warm waters, Iron Mountain Hot Springs offers many other amenities such as food service which includes snacks and drinks like smoothies available for purchase onsite or delivery via UberEats within 1 mile distance from the facility.
Map and Directions to Iron Mountain Hot Springs
1. From Glenwood Springs, head north on I-70 W for 2.5 miles and take Exit 116 towards Colorado 82/Glenwood Springs/Aspen.
2. Turn left onto CO-82W and continue for 13 miles before turning right onto Iron Mountain Road (County Rd 117).
3. Follow Iron Mountain Road for about 4 miles until you see the entrance to Iron Mountain Hot Springs on your right hand side just past the bridge over Colorado River.
4. Once you have arrived at the entrance, follow the signs to park in either of two parking lots located next to each other near a large building with ticket booths inside it – this is where you can purchase tickets or rent towels if needed before entering the hot springs area itself.
Things to do around Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs, Colorado is a beautiful mountain town located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. With its stunning views and abundant outdoor activities, Glenwood Springs is an ideal destination for travelers seeking adventure and relaxation. Here are some of the top things to do in Glenwood Springs:
1. Visit Hot Sulphur Springs – Soak your cares away with a visit to Hot Sulphur Springs, one of Colorado’s oldest mineral springs resorts featuring 21 warm-water pools filled with natural hot spring water from deep within the Earth’s crust. Enjoy therapeutic massage treatments or take part in yoga classes offered onsite as well!
2. Explore Iron Mountain Hot Springs – Experience a unique combination of soothing thermal mineral waters at this open-air bathhouse situated along the banks of the Colorado River. Take advantage of special packages that include access to all 16 pools ranging from 98°F to 108°F – perfect for ultimate relaxation!
3. Hike Hanging Lake Trail – This popular trail takes hikers through lush forests and past cascading waterfalls before reaching spectacular Hanging Lake at its summit – making it worth every step! Be sure to check out Spouting Rock while you’re there too; it’s an impressive geyser that erupts every few minutes!
4. Ride The Glenwood Canyon Zipline Adventure Park – Get your adrenaline pumping with a ride on this thrilling zipline course that spans 1,500 feet across four different lines stretching over 800 feet long each! You’ll get breathtaking views as you soar above majestic canyons and rivers below!
5. Taste Local Brews at Rifle Brewing Company– Sample delicious local craft beers made right here in town by Rifle Brewing Company. They offer everything from IPAs and lagers to stouts and sours so everyone will find something they enjoy here! Or grab food from their restaurant menu if you’re feeling hungry after your flight down their zip line course.