Good Afternoon in Czech is a phrase that can be used to greet someone or to show politeness when passing by. In the Czech language, there are many different ways of saying good afternoon depending on who you are speaking to and the context.
How to Say Good Afternoon in Czech
The most common way of saying “Good Afternoon” in Czech is Dobré odpoledne. This expression is appropriate for any situation and the best term you should use when traveling and talking to locals. It literally translates as ‘good afternoon’ which makes it an easy phrase to remember.
Another way of expressing “Good Afternoon” in Czech is Ahoj odpoledne. This expression has a more casual feel than Dobré odpoledne so it should only be used with close friends or family. The word ahoy means “hello” so this option could also be used as a friendly salutation when meeting up with people at any hour of the day.
There are a few other phrases that aren’t as common you can also say if you want to mix it up a bit:
- Hezke odpoledne – nice afternoon
- Veselé Odpoledne – cheerful afternoon
Example Sentences using Good Afternoon in Czech
1. Good afternoon, how can I help you? – Dobré odpoledne, jak vám mohu pomoci?
2. Good afternoon, it’s nice to meet you! – Dobré odpoledne, je mi potěšením tě poznat!
3. Good afternoon, what a beautiful day! – Dobré odpoledne, jaký krásný den!
4. Good afternoon, let’s go for a walk. Dobré odpoledne, pojďme si projít.
5. Good afternoon, here is your order. – Dobré odpoledne, tady je vaše objednávka