Good afternoon is an expression used to greet someone in the middle of the day from noon to early evening. It is usually said as a polite greeting and it can be translated into many different languages. In Croatian, there are several ways to say good afternoon depending on the situation or formality level desired.
How to Say Good Afternoon in Croatian
One way to say good afternoon in Croatian is “Dobar dan” which literally means “good day” and can be used for any time of day after midday. This phrase can also be used as a more formal version of “hello” when addressing someone you don’t know very well.
Another way to say good afternoon in Croatian is “Lijepi popodne” which translates directly into English as “beautiful afternoon”. This phrase conveys warmth and f
You can also try out “Dobro popodne!” (or simply “Popodne!”). This phrase will come off as cheerful and welcoming while still showing respect towards whomever you’re talking too.
There is even a more laid back option by saying “Živjeli” (“cheers”) which has become popular among younger generations looking for an easygoing yet respectful way of greeting each other.
Example Sentences using Good Afternoon in Croatian
1. Good afternoon, how can I help you? – Dobro popodne, kako vam mogu pomoći?
2. Good afternoon, it’s nice to meet you. – Dobro popodne, lijepo mi je što vas upoznajem
3. Have a good afternoon! – Ugodno popodne!
4. It’s a beautiful afternoon, isn’t it? – Lijepo je poslijepodne, zar ne?
5. We should enjoy this lovely afternoon together – Trebali bismo uživati u ovom prekrasnom poslijepodne zajedno
6. Are you ready for an exciting afternoon? – este li spremni za uzbudljivo poslijepodne?
7. I’m looking forward to the rest of this pleasant afternoon – Radujem se ostatku ovog ugodnog poslijepodna
8. Let’s make the most of this sunny afternoon – Iskoristimo suncano poslijepdoe na najbolji moguci nacin
9. What would you like to do on this fine afternoon? – Što bi voljeli raditi ovog ljupkog posljepperda?