Feather River Hot Springs in California is a natural hot spring situated on the banks of the Feather River. The springs are located near Belden, Plumas County and were discovered by Native Americans centuries ago. They have been used for healing, relaxation and spiritual purposes ever since.
Details about Feather River Hot Springs
The Feather River Hot Springs feature two large soaking pools filled with crystal clear water heated naturally from beneath the earth’s surface. The temperature of these pools range between 98-102 degrees Fahrenheit making them ideal for anyone looking to relax or unwind after a long day. There is an adjacent shallow pool which is slightly cooler at around 95 degrees Fahrenheit that children can enjoy.
The hot springs offer breathtaking views of the surrounding area including lush forests, rushing rapids and stunning mountain peaks in all directions making it a great place to take photos or just sit back and soak up nature’s beauty for awhile.
Throughout the year you may even spot wildlife that call Plumas National Forest their home. Like a scene from a movie you can catch deer drinking from nearby streams and bald eagles soaring through the sky. The Feather River Hot Springs also offers amenities like picnic tables and restrooms with changing rooms.
There are also plenty of hiking trails nearby allowing you to explore further into California’s nature. Most are easy treks that bring you back to the springs to continue your day of relaxation. For those who love camping under starry night skies, there are also several campsites located close by. Those wishing to stay overnight should be aware that no pets are allowed at this location. Tent camping does require reservations ahead of time due its popularity in the spring to fall months.
Location and Map of Feather River Hot Springs
29186 CA-70, Twain, CA 95984
1. Take Highway 70 West towards Belden for 12 miles.
2. Turn right onto Beckwourth-Genesee Road (County Road 514).
3. Drive for 8 miles until you reach Genesee Valley Store & Cafe at the intersection of County Road 514/BeckwourthGenesee Road and Genesee Valley Rd/Faucherie Creek Rd/Grizzly Peak Rd.
4. Turn left onto Genesee Valley Rd/Faucherie Creek Rd/Grizzly Peak Rd and drive 2 miles until you reach Grizzly Lake Campground sign on your left side.
5. Follow this dirt road that turns into a single lane track for another 4 miles until you see a small parking area with a few picnic tables near it. This is where you can park your car before hiking down to Feather River Hot Springs which is approximately 0.5 mile away from there.