Salt Creek Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in the Bankhead National Forest in Lawrence County, Alabama. The falls cascade over an impressive cliff face into a natural pool below. Salt Creek Falls has been called one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Alabama and its beauty draws visitors from all around to experience its awe-inspiring views.
Details about Salt Creek Falls
The falls are formed by the saltwater creek that runs through the forest, which flows over a 40-foot sandstone bluff before plunging into the pool at its base. Visitors can take advantage of two observation decks for breathtaking views of this majestic waterfall as it cascades down to create picturesque ripples across the surface of its peaceful pond below. At night time, Salt Creek Falls takes on an even more dramatic look with lights illuminating both sides of the cliffs surrounding it creating a rainbow effect when viewed from far away distances.
During summer months there’s often plenty of wildlife to be seen around these parts including deer and other small animals like rabbits and squirrels who come out to drink from or play in the cool waters near Salt Creek Falls. If you’re looking for an unforgettable outdoor adventure then make sure you add Salt Creek Falls in Alabama to your list! Not only will you be able to admire this gorgeous natural wonder but also enjoy some incredible recreational activities such as hiking, swimming, picnicking or simply just taking some amazing photos!
Directions to Salt Creek Falls
To get to Salt Creek Falls from Birmingham:
1) Take I-65 North towards Huntsville
2) Take Exit 284 onto AL-5/AL-69 South towards Jasper
3) Turn right onto AL-195 West
4) Turn left onto County Road 32 (also known as Sumiton Road or Winston County Highway 941). This road will take you through Double Springs where you will turn left at the intersection of US 278 East/West onto CR 28 (also known as Easom Hill Rd.) Follow this road until it dead ends at State Route 33.
5) Turn right on SR 33 and follow it for approximately 4 miles until you reach the sign indicating Salt Creek Recreation Area on your right hand side.
Once you’ve reached the recreation area there are two ways to access Salt Creek Falls:
1) Park at the lower parking lot just off SR 33 near the picnic tables and restrooms then follow a short trail to reach the falls; or
2) Drive further up SR33 until you come across another parking lot with more picnic tables and restrooms, then hike down a steep path leading directly to Salt Creek Falls.