Valleyfair is one of the biggest amusement parks in Minnesota with over 75 different rides to enjoy. It’s less than 30 minutes away from Minneapolis and attracts thousands of visitors every year who are looking for a day of fun. In the hot summer months, their water park Soak City becomes the main destination as families can enjoy water slides, wave pools, or an easy float along their lazy river. Valleyfair is easily in the top Minnesota water parks to visit.
Valleyfair Water Park Details
There are 10 different water attractions that kids and adults can enjoy. Most are on the easy to moderate scale, but there are a couple thrill rides that have height requirements. Below is a quick summary of each one.
Main Water Park Attractions
- Barefoot Beach – Kids love this massive splash area that features dump buckets, water jets, and a few slides. It seems there is always water shooting from every angle to keep the entertainment going.
- Breakers Bay Wave Pool – Every 5 minutes, this 350,000 gallon pool starts pumping out waves to keep the feeling of being at the beach. Easily their main attraction at Valleyfair.
- Breakers Pipeline – Starting at close to 70 feet up, the floor will drop sending you plunging down the water slide at fast speeds through twists and turns.
- Breakers Plunge – Race your friend down their 90ft vertical body slide. It only takes a couple seconds until you reach the bottom.
- Hurricane Falls – This rafting water slide allows the entire family to splash around the quick curves as water constantly soaks you.
- Panic Falls Body Slides – You can choose one of three different water slides that each offer quick turns and drops to keep you guessing on what’s next.
- Raging Rapids – Enjoy a one person raft slide that drenches you with rapids and waterfalls all along your journey.
- Ripple Rapids – When you need to relax, their lazy river is over 1200 feet long that winds around the water park.
- Splash Station – Kids can enjoy this shallow pool that has several water features and toys.
Ticket Prices and Hours
Opening Day – May 17th
Closing Day – Labor Day
Monday – Sunday: 9:30am – 5pm
From Minneapolis, MN: Map
Address: 1 Valley Fair Dr, Shakopee, MN 55379
Phone: (952) 445-7600